Asbestos and Other Fibres
Full course details
Location: OHMS Sydney
Cost: $3,000 ex GST
- Extend their knowledge of occupational exposure to fibrous dusts used in industry (asbestos, machine made mineral fibres, carbon, etc.);
- Understand the health risks of asbestos and other fibres as well as the means of evaluation and control; and
- Learn how to apply these principals for asbestos consultants as well as OH professionals.
- Recognise the composition, nature and properties of asbestos, machine made minerals and other fibres and their historical uses.
- Identify the health effects of asbestos and other fibrous materials and apply appropriate exposure limits.
- Know the uses of asbestos in buildings and the public health risk that these may pose.