Basic Principles Course
Full course details
Location: OHMS Perth
Cost: $2,500 ex GST
This Basic Principles Course provides core knowledge for an individual to develop a career in occupational hygiene.
It also suitable for people who simply need a better understanding of occupational hygiene, such as doctors, nurses, safety professionals, engineers and managers. OHMS Training runs this course as an in-house programme primarily for large companies or commercial organisations where a minimum booking for 10 people is required. For further information and to receive a quote please contact us.
STUDYING THE FOUNDATION LEVEL COURSE
This Principles of Occupational Hygiene course is designed to meet the needs of people wishing to study at the Foundation level. It is a 5-day programme that provides a basic introduction to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of risks to health in the workplace. It will introduce you to chemical exposures, noise, the thermal environment, lighting, radiation, ergonomics, behavioural science and much more.
FOUNDATION LEVEL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion of the Principles of Occupational Hygiene course and examination the student will receive an Award of Successful Course Completion in the Principles of Occupational Hygiene.
Duration: 5 weekdays
COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR
- Health and safety professionals
- Occupational health specialists including nurses and physicians
- Other supervisors or specialists who wish to work with workplace health or hygiene issues
- Provide a practical understanding of occupational hygiene for people who need to manage or advise in workplace health issues
- Provide a foundation from which to undertake more in-depth study in individual occupational hygiene subjects
- Inform and enthuse participants about the contribution of occupational hygiene to ensuring optimal worker health
- Value occupational hygiene in improving worker health and understand the role of the occupational hygienist
- Understand health hazards encountered in the workplace and identification techniques (foundation level)
- Understand the basics of which exposure assessment, measurement process and control method to use (foundation level)
- Manage occupational hygiene programmes in your work environment
Basic identification of sources and potential routes of occupational exposure including:
- Chemical exposures
- Thermal environment
- Behavioural science
- Much more…
- BOHS Certificate of Successful Course Completion in the Principles of Occupational Hygiene
- OHMS Training Certificate of Attendance
Please note that, in the event of a cancellation, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation within 4 weeks of course start date: 50% of total course fee.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of course start date: 100% of total course fee.
|Date||Time||Training course||Location||Seats avail.||Register|
|12 Jul 2021 - 16 Jul 2021||7:30 AM - 3:30 PM||W201 Basic Principles Course||OHMS Perth||Places Available||Register now|
|8 Nov 2021 - 12 Nov 2021||7:30 AM - 3:30 PM||W201 Basic Principles Course||OHMS Perth||Places Available||Register now|