Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings
- Candidates will gain a background and practical knowledge in the surveying of buildings for asbestos and be provided general guidance on the management procedures necessary to minimise exposure to any identified asbestos.
- Candidates for this course are expected to be aware of the principles required to survey for asbestos in buildings and have prior experience of being involved with asbestos surveying.
- Have a clear understanding of the requirements relating to safe management of asbestos in buildings and be able to communicate appropriately with colleagues and clients.
- Be able to describe the uses of asbestos in buildings and the public health risk these might pose and understand the principles of and requirements for asbestos surveys.
- Understand the risk assessment and risk management strategies and their role in reducing health risks.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the approved methods for sampling of bulk asbestos along with the situations where segregation may be required. In addition Candidates must have a good understanding of suitable PPE/RPE to be used and the methods for personal decontamination.
- Understand how to carry out surveys to identify the presence of asbestos and its type in different locations including:
- Understand of buildings and their structures
- Surveying and sampling techniques
- Safety requirements for surveying
- Post survey evaluation
During the course there will be a practical assessment. On the completion of the course there will be two written assessments: theory short answers and a practical written assessment. Successful completion of the course provides the candidate with an International Proficiency Certificate in Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings.
Following the successful completion of the course the candidate can provide two asbestos surveys that include sampling, analysis and material assessment in order to be awarded International Proficiency Certificate in Report Writing for Asbestos Surveys.
Due to Exam Packages being ordered from the UK and the organising of catering and training rooms, there will be course cancellation fees. Please note that, in the event of a cancellation, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation within 4 weeks of course start date: 50% of total course fee.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of course start date: 100% of total course fee.
|Date||Time||Training course||Location||Seats avail.||Register|
|16 Mar 2020 - 18 Mar 2020||8:30 AM - 5:00 PM||IP402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings||OHMS Perth||Places Available||Register now|
|15 Apr 2020 - 17 Apr 2020||8:30 AM - 5:00 PM||IP402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings||OHMS Brisbane||Places Available||Register now|
|4 May 2020 - 6 May 2020||8:30 AM - 5:00 PM||IP402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings||OHMS Melbourne||Places Available||Register now|