Giovanni is a Certified Occupational Hygienist, with 17 years’ experience in hygiene, across nickel, uranium and iron resources, and 10 years’ experience in synthetic chemical production he has a unique set of skills to offer.
Experience includes five years in senior OHS positions in the mining industry.
Giovanni is a Certified Occupational Hygienist and is seen as a leader in his field. With 15 years’ experience in hygiene, across nickel, uranium and iron resources, and 10 years’ experience in synthetic chemical production he has a unique set of skills to offer.
He has provided occupational hygiene and health and safety services to major companies and projects, while also undertaking training, quality assurance, organic chemical synthesis, compliance against federal pharmaceutical requirements (e.g. the TGA and US FDA) and chemical manufacturing.
Giovanni has been the Occupational Hygienist, Specialist and Superintendent for Rio Tinto Iron Ore, BHPB Nickel West and BHPB Olympic Dam and the Production Supervisor for Johnson & Johnson.
As such Giovanni is fully conversant in numerous management systems and their requirements.
- M.Sc. in Occupational Health & Safety
- Graduate Diploma of Occupational Hygiene
- B.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Approved Noise Office (WA)
- CONTAM Registered (WA)
- Authorised drug screen officer
- RSO, plus other certifications
- HSE hazard identification and risk assessments
- Evaluation of occupational hygiene data sets
- Occupational hygiene audits and inspections
- Radiation safety/management
- Occupational noise exposure assessments
- Confined spaces
- Air Quality Assessments
- Process safety
- Site occupational hygiene training programmes
- Thermal stress management
- Radiation safety
- Accident investigations
- Project management
- Certified Occupational Hygienist and Full Member of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists
- Chartered Chemist with the Royal Australian Chemical Institute
- Member of the AIOH Radiation Special Interest Group
- Certificate of accreditation for fixed gauges by Radiation Protection Branch, NT Department of Health
- Certificate of accreditation as a radiation protection advisor for uranium mining, rare earths and mineral sands mining and oil & gas industry NORM management by Radiation Protection Branch of the NT Department of Health