Asbestos Awareness Training
Asbestos awareness is a valuable tool for managers, persons in control of a workplace, maintenance contractors, tradespeople and even home renovators or DIYers. At OHMS Asbestos we believe that education is key to preventing the risk of exposure to asbestos.
Our awareness sessions typically last between 2 and 3 hours depending on the group size and can be delivered at a venue of your choice. Utilising a powerpoint presentation and offering open discussion through involvement of experiences and scenarios helps the topic remain relatable to the participants.
Asbestos Awareness Course
In our course we educate about the following:
- what asbestos is;
- history of asbestos and historical asbestos usage;
- diseases and the impact of asbestos exposure;
- difference between friable asbestos and non-friable asbestos;
- uses of asbestos;
- locations of asbestos;
- legislative requirements;
- types of asbestos survey;
- asbestos risk assessment;
- asbestos management plans;
- asbestos control measures;
- asbestos removal requirements including air monitoring and clearance inspections; and
- accidental exposure to asbestos.
We also teach the fundamentals of best practices associated with the safe removal of asbestos. This course is delivered in line with the relevant asbestos codes of practice and aims to provide awareness on all aspects of asbestos.