Health Effects of Hazardous Substances
Full course details
Cost: $3,000 ex GST
Candidates will be introduced to toxicology, physiology and epidemiology and be able to identify chemical substances hazardous to health in their workplace and understand their harmful effects on target organs.
- Provide definitions of commonly used toxicological terms;
- Describe the main routes by which hazardous substances can enter the body, and the factors which influence their absorption, distribution, storage and elimination;
- Describe the main sources of information on hazardous substances and processes;
- Describe the main features of the principal target organs affected by hazardous substances at work, and the factors which influence the degree of harm;
- Describe the main routes of exposure and toxic and health effects for hazardous substances commonly encountered in the workplace;
- Carry out basic interpretation of the results from epidemiological studies.
Please note that, in the event of a cancellation, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation within 4 weeks of course start date: 50% of total course fee.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of course start date: 100% of total course fee.
|Date||Time||Training course||Location||Seats avail.||Register|
|21 Jun 2021 - 25 Jun 2021||7:30 AM - 3:30 PM||W507 Health Effects of Hazardous Substances||Online||Places Available||Register now|