Asbestos and Other Fibres
Full course details
Location: OHMS Sydney
Cost: $3,000 ex GST
- Extend their knowledge of occupational exposure to fibrous dusts used in industry (asbestos, machine made mineral fibres, carbon, etc.);
- Understand the health risks of asbestos and other fibres as well as the means of evaluation and control; and
- Learn how to apply these principals for asbestos consultants as well as OH professionals.
- Describe the composition, nature and properties of asbestos, machine made mineral and other fibres and their historical uses;
- describe the health effects of asbestos and other fibrous materials and apply appropriate exposure limits;
- describe the uses of asbestos in buildings and the public health risk that these may pose;
- understand the principles of and requirements for asbestos surveys including taking samples and identifying bulk asbestos types by microscopic techniques including relevant safety requirements;
- be thoroughly familiar with current good practice in the construction and use of enclosures for asbestos remediation and the use of decontamination units;
- understand all the principles of clearance testing, the requirements for measurement and appropriate techniques for post remediation evaluation;
- conduct air sampling to determine airborne concentrations of asbestos or other fibres in accordance with defined procedures including microscopic counting techniques;
- have the ability to advise on all the various techniques for the management of asbestos in buildings in accordance with good practice.
We will be running this module ONLINE on the 21st - 25th September 2020
Please contact email@example.com for further information or click on the register button below.